Indian Head Massage
Has been practised in India for over a thousand years. Originally it was used regularly by women to promote hair growth, condition and lustre. By using various nourishing oils like coconut and jojoba, nutrients circulate to the hair roots, and the scalp is stimulated, encouraging growth and preventing hair loss.
Indian Head Massage involves massage to upper back, shoulders, neck, head & face
It was for this reason the massage techniques became, and are, very popular with men. Most Asian barbers and stylists will routinely massage head, neck and shoulders before cutting the hair.
The profound sense of wellbeing that follows an Indian Head Massage needs to be experienced. It is a very valuable way of alleviating symptoms of stress and tension. The massage can achieve a relaxed and calm frame of mind and body, when given with gentle care; a stimulating massage can achieve a feeling of increased energy, ability to concentrate and clarity of mind.
Indian Head Massage needs little space in which to practise as it is done sitting up. This allows the technique to be carried out virtually anywhere, particularly as it can be done with the receiver clothed. A full Indian Head Massage carried out skilfully and sensitively takes only 20 – 25 minutes.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
Neck and Shoulder Massage:
- Relieves muscle tension and stimulates blood and lymph circulation.
- This helps to eliminate waste material from the body and distributes oxygen and other nutrients to the tissues. By stretching and mobilising the tissues of the neck and shoulders, joint movement is greatly improved
- Stimulates and improves scalp circulation by relaxing and toning the scalp, thus helping to relieve headaches and eyestrain.
- As a consequence of increased circulation, hair texture is much enhanced and hair growth speeded and strengthened.
- Soothes, comforts and rebalances energy flow, creating a profound sense of wellbeing and peace.
- Removes tension from the jaw, smoothes out facial muscles and reduces puffiness from around the eyes.